But I realized that these are important tools to connect me with students all over the world - and the more students I connect with, the better I become as a teacher. So I'm going to try to stick with it.
The goal of this IELTS / TOEFL blog is to share my experiences as an English teacher in Dublin. I hope to post every weekday, but I want the posts to be as rich and meaningful as possible.
I plan to comment on:
- IELTS problems and solutions, particularly writing and speaking
- TOEFL problems and solutions, particularly writing and speaking
- EFL books that I like - and why I like them and use them
- IELTS and TOEFL websites and blogs that are helpful for teachers and students
- Idiomatic expressions and phrasal verbs
- Tricky grammar points, with links to handouts that I've made over the years
- Areas of difficult for Spanish and Italian speakers (the two groups with whom I have the most experience)
I welcome your comments, thoughts, and suggestions!